A good mattress is important in obtaining good back health. In addition, finding the appropriate kind of mattress that could provide you a soothing night’s sleep involves both a suitable comfort level and the right support.
There are a number of aspects that affect back pain and the manner you sleep; however, a good mattress is proven to bring about a significant and positive difference. Indeed, if you mistakenly bought the wrong mattress, then most likely you are unconsciously prolonging your suffering.
Your comfort is certainly compromised if the mattress you use does not satisfy your personal needs and preferences.
Check out the reviews about the best mattress under $500 below:
10 Top Rated Mattress Under $500 Reviews
1. Tuft & Needle Queen Mattress
This product is designed with an adaptive foam which is precisely meant to provide a dashing but supportive feel whenever you sleep regardless of the sleeping positions you prefer. It is easy to set up; all you need to do is to cut the plastic and from there just unroll it. It can instantly be inflated to full size within a few hours.
If you are looking for a top quality brand, then this is the exact option for you. This mattress won’t give you the sink in and feel stuck feeling whenever you lie down. The foam is not too soft yet not too firm- in other words, it provides you just the right amount of bounce so you can enjoy a relaxing sleep any time of the day.
Pros & Cons
- This mattress is firm but very comfortable.
- It can provide enough firmness for the back and pressure relief for hips and knees.
- The top layer of the mattress comes with a cooling foam material.
- This brand comes with an affordable price, trial free period and free delivery offers.
- It can be inflated well and a piece of cake to size.
- It is slightly difficult to judge on a cool or warmth aspect.
- This mattress does not have handles to grab on if you wish to move it.
Overall, this kind of mattress will work wonders for back sleepers who delight in a firmer mattress. Since it comes with a reasonable selling price, this is an ideal choice for those who are on a limited budget.
2. Live and Sleep Queen Mattress
Are you dreaming of a deep sleepy rest? Then, this brand is perfect to make this dream a reality. This mattress comes with a cool innovation design that could ensure maximum comfort that can cool your body. The foam is breathable and made with superior quality tempered material. It is known for having soft fabric cover that relaxes the body.
Moreover, this is great on an adjustable bed, platform or hard floor. It is ideal for any guest room furniture frame or home bedroom as well. And, since it is made with flex thread textile, it is not burdensome to remove and wash.
Most importantly, if you are wishing for a natural cloud-like feel whenever you lie down, then you better go for it.
Pros & Cons
- This mattress is designed to be hypoallergenic, naturally antimicrobial, and dust mite resistant.
- It comes with orthopedic support that is good for side back or stomach sleepers.
- This brand can guarantee an enjoyable and cooler sleep experience that could result in a more energized life.
- It can provide good support and is very comfortable to sleep on.
- This product is thick, big, and heavy.
- After unpacking, it is a bit difficult to grab and adjust.
Live and Sleep Queen Mattress is the topnotch solution if you hope to relieve back pain issues, minimize tossing and turning, and alleviate pressure points. If you are a stomach, back, and side sleeper- this is the suitable type of mattress that can provide you what you are looking for!
3. Classic Brands Cool Gel and Ventilated Memory Foam
This bedding is designed with 3 layers of superior quality gel, memory and premium-density base foam that function together to provide you with the kind of ultimate pleasure that you long for and for you to enjoy the utmost sleep experience that you deserve the most.
Furthermore, it is made of top quality memory foam that is capable of conforming to your body and at the same time its cool gel feature aids in regulating the temperature. This brand is safe to use by everyone since its memory foam is designed to be hypoallergenic and naturally antimicrobial.
It is worth noting that this product is sturdy so it can guarantee reliable and comfortable usage for years.
Pros & Cons
- This mattress is resistant to bacteria, allergens, dust mites and mold.
- It is easy to assemble and adjust.
- This brand can guarantee a stress-free and luxurious kind of support.
- This bedding’s textured bottom prevents slipping and sliding.
- This brand is not medium firm but very firm.
- It comes with a slight odor when setting it up and the smell may last for a few hours which is a bit irking.
Over and above, this mattress is flexible and durable enough that it will maintain the support you are craving for. However, since it comes with high-quality foam that is known for its sturdiness, its firmness can sometimes be a little disturbing. So, if you prefer super soft foam, then perhaps this is not the best pick for you.
4. Linenspa 8 Inch Memory Foam & Innerspring Hybrid Mattress
Are you in search of a medium-firm feel mattress that your family members will definitely love? This brand is designed with an innerspring mattress that measures 8-inch. This is suitable for guest beds too and is reasonably priced.
What makes this product a perfect option is that it is built with a plush layer of memory foam which conveys that you could finally delight in a much-enhanced comfort that you’re dying to experience as it aids align the spine to significantly reduce pressure points.
Pros & Cons
- The springs do not make any noise and the fabric seems to be made with premium quality.
- This bedding is the perfect pick for kids.
- It is equipped with innerspring support layers that are highly acclaimed for their longevity and capability to provide excellent back support.
- It does not give you a hard time in assembling it and adjustment is effortless too.
- Its memory foam is good at pressure relief, form-fitting responsiveness and it surprisingly creates the sensation that you are smoothly melting into the bed.
- It has the tendency to be infested with bed bugs.
- The mattress sides don’t offer complete support.
This brand is highly recommended for those who are looking for responsive support of springs and contouring comfort of memory foam. In like manner, its unrivaled hybrid design can provide ample support and soft comfort that everyone is wishing for. If you hope to make it a lot easier to put your kids to bed, this is the solution for you!
5. Zinus Memory Foam 12 Inch Green Tea Mattress
Wise shoppers undoubtedly look for a trustworthy and safe bedding brand. Truth is, this Zinus Memory Mattress is infused with memory foam products that come with natural green tea extract that is specially intended to sustain the freshness of the item. This provides pressure relieving support and comfort to ensure a calming night’s sleep.
Likewise, this product is US certified for content, maximum performance as well as durability. It is quite cozy to lay on as compared to lying down on much pricier brands. It is not too soft and not too firm so it could definitely provide just the right amount of bounce that you are exactly looking for.
Pros & Cons
- The price is great and it’s the best you’re going to find for a decent brand of mattress.
- The bedding is supportive, solid, and comfortable.
- This mattress is very easy to set up and it can instantly reach full expansion in approximately an hour period.
- It is highly recommended to side sleepers as this helps in reducing numbness and tingling feeling upon waking up.
- This product is a nice combination of a soft and semi-firm type of foam.
- This bedding is prone to mold.
- It comes with a strong smell when unpackaged but luckily the odor disappears after several hours.
Right to it, this brand is cost-effective. It could provide you the specifications that other more expensive brands can provide. It is durable so it means it could withstand long years of usage. It is capable of providing just the right amount of comfort too!
6. LUCID 12 Inch King Hybrid Mattress
This brand comes with individually encased steel coils that measure 6.5” which are meant to effectively respond to movement and aid in enhancing airflow. On the other hand, its 6-inch edge support provides much sought-after support along the edges. What makes it a lot different from other brands is its revolutionary hybrid construction.
More than that, you will absolutely adore its memory foam infused with the bamboo charcoal feature because this is adept at reducing odors and it does a great job when it comes to supporting your body while you delight in a relaxing sleep.
Pros & Cons
- This product is specially created to provide luxury at an economical cost.
- This bedding aims to guarantee a soothing and refreshing sleep environment that bolsters daily calmness.
- It is covered by a 10-year US Warranty offer.
- This mattress is designed with dual transition layers that aid form an even feel.
- Its aloe vera and a bamboo charcoal infusion are specially crafted to diminish odors linked with memory foam.
- This product is a little firmer than advertised.
- There is a tendency for the fiberglass to leak through fabric cover so this is a bit dangerous and something that you need to watch out for.
Without any doubt, this mattress is likable in that it can provide utmost support and comfort, comes with unique design and it is compressed, rolled and shipped in a package for a no sweat set up procedure. As a matter of fact, it could instantly fit through confined staircases as well as hallways. Also, it is not that pricey!
7. Signature Sleep Mattress, Queen Mattress
The soft mattress cover fabric of Signature Mattress is created with the use of sturdy mattress materials that are superb at absorbing moisture; it is breathable so it is capable of creating a dry and luxurious sleep. Its individually encased coils could guarantee a balanced weight distribution through simply contouring to the shapes of your body, and this effectively alleviates restlessness, exhaustion as well as pressure points.
This bedding’s pillow top is very cozy and perfectly conforms to the curves of your body. You can feel that it comes with a firm side but not to the point that it is too firm. What is more, there are a number of size options to choose from in this mattress brand, there is a queen mattress, full mattress, and king mattress.
Pros & Cons
- The rayon absorbs moisture and it instantly dries and aids the body to breathe.
- It does not compromise full support and body comfort.
- The coils are cushioned between a number of layers of foam to ensure long years of usage and lasting comfort.
- This product is good at warding off motion disturbance.
- It inflates to its full size in just a few hours.
- The outer 2.5” perimeter of the pillow top layer is not supported well; hence a tall person may find their feet not very well supported.
- The edges are not capable of providing full support.
This mattress is a nice pick considering it comes with several options. Its features are thumbs up and the price is just so right!
8. Swiss Ortho Sleep 13″ High-Density GEL & MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS
The bedding is covered in breathable, soft-knitted and easy-to-remove white bamboo cover. It is designed with comfortable foam that could guarantee complete rest and stress-free type of sleep. It does not give you a feeling of sweatiness since it comes with lasting cooling memory gel for extra added comfort and soothing feeling.
If you are the type of sleeper who prefers choosing from different bed sizes, then this mattress can offer you various sizes ranging from King, Queen, Full and Twin sizes. Surely, you can have the perfect size for you!
Pros & Cons
- This bedding is made from authentic and extra-long lasting combinations of memory foam.
- The mattress conforms to the body the way you lay and gives you the feeling as though you’re floating.
- It can guarantee a good night’s sleep and you can finally say goodbye to tossing and turning.
- Pressure points, exhaustion, and restlessness will certainly be minimized.
- The bedding delivers a good foundation.
- There is no sufficient support on the top and sides of the mattress.
- This foam mattress is not ideal for the master’s bedroom. It is probably intended for a spare bedroom when you have guests who are staying for the night.
This is the right brand of mattress if you are aiming for guaranteed comfortability, pressure point relief, body forming and temperature sensitive specifications. You can finally free yourself from restless nights and combat your insomnia. To boot, this is the product that comes with unmatched quality and comfort that is offered at an affordable selling price.
9. Zinus Euro Box Top Classic Spring 12 Inch Mattress
If you care much about the content, performance, and durability of a mattress, then this product will match your requirements. This bedding is made of only the most premium quality foam that is US certified. It is equipped with an 8.5” layer of individualized coil pocketed springs that are specially crafted to ensure no motion transfer from someone sleeping next to you.
This mattress stands out among other brands because it has the capability to sustain customized spinal alignment. It is interesting to note that it was meticulously designed with HD support foam layer to guarantee conforming comfort.
Pros & Cons
- The springs provide exceptional support and the gel foam topper can fully reduce any pressure points.
- This brand is highly considered as a solid purchase for a great price.
- It can provide you a firm yet a very comfortable feeling and rest.
- This bedding is helpful in properly aligning your spine and in alleviating your back pains.
- You will be guaranteed of deep and relaxing sleep even if your sleeping partner keeps on tossing and turning.
- It is not reversible. It is advised to consider rotating it every 3 to 6 months.
- You cannot flip this bedding as it does not have padding on the underside.
In general, if you seriously require a reasonably-priced mattress that will likely last for many years and if you have the plan to add an additional cushioning on top or if you already have an extra cushion in your closet, then this product is an ideal pick.
10. Olee Sleep 13SM01Q Q13Sm01Molvc Mattress
Having problems sleeping next to someone who keeps making disturbing moves? Then, this brand is definitely the answer to your problem. This bedding is designed with individually encased coils that are really distinguished at lessening motion disturbance; hence even if your sleeping partner incessantly moves all through the night, you can still enjoy a good night sleep without being disturbed.
This mattress also does wonders in eliminating pressure points along the hips, back, shoulders and neck areas. The foam effectively conforms to the shapes of the body so to come up with balanced weight distribution.
Pros & Cons
- This bedding is firm yet super soft.
- It has the capacity to inflate immediately after removing it from its packaging. So, setting it up is not a hassle.
- This mattress will provide complete relief from various body pains due to discomfort.
- It moderately conforms to your body without you sinking all the way into the bedding while at the same time providing you the feeling of being completely supported.
- You can bid farewell to tossing and turning and other sleep distractions.
- The bedding doesn’t actually have a firm edge to sit on.
- It comes with a disturbing odor once unpackaged and the smell remains for several hours.
This mattress is a great choice for side sleepers as it enables your hip to sink, not to mention, it could provide support to the rest of your body which is a great aid since it aligns the spine as well. Most importantly, it can lessen various sleep disturbances.
What to Look for When Shopping for the Best Mattress Under $500?
Are you searching for the best mattress under $500? Then, prior to shopping proper, consider the buying guides below:
- First, visit mattress websites or mattress local stores to personally check what is offered. In case you have not shopped for a mattress in a while, it is highly advised to review what options are available for you prior to directly purchasing the item.
- Carefully decide on the level of firmness. Even though this is complex to figure out without first examining mattresses, some physical considerations could aid you to come up with a well-thought-of decision.
- Consider measuring the area where you plan to position the bed. As you know, nothing is worse than finding and buying your ideal bedding, just to realize that you can’t fit in your dwelling place. It is a must to check your location space availability first in your bedroom so that you can confidently decide on the size of bedding to fit.
- Search for a shop or online store to shop at. In general, specialty mattress shops will have a more insightful sales staff and may provide more detailed information regarding beddings as compared to a generic furniture shop. See to it that you purchase only from a reputable manufacturer or seller.
- Test out beddings. For you to know if a certain mattress can best fit your requirements, you must test it out in the shop. Look around for beddings that meet your criteria and carefully compare and review why you prefer them.
- Ask about a comfort guarantee. It is worth noting that a comfort guarantee differs between brands, but it is a specific period of time after you have bought your bedding in which you could exchange or return it free of charge.
- Take the product for a trial run. There are a number of beddings brands and shops that let you test the mattress in your residence for a month. If you could, grab this opportunity to confirm that this bedding satisfies your sleeping needs and preferences.
- Check the warranty. Make it a point that the mattress you are investing in offers a 10-year warranty. This is for you to be able to return the product in the event you see some defects or malfunction in the item that you bought; or for them to exchange the defective item or if possible for you to get a refund.
- Buy the needed mattress add-ons. Even though purchasing just a mattress is all that seems important, it is also crucial to buy a minimum of a box spring to back it up as well.
- Negotiate the price. The prices of beddings could generally be lowered with a little bartering done with a store manager or sales clerk. You may consider contacting the numbers you found on the web earlier to figure if you are getting a great deal.
Purchasing a mattress is one of the most major investments you can make for your home. Therefore, it is just right that you conduct a thorough research first prior to spending lavishly.
A new mattress is a worthwhile investment and truly deserves some thought prior to the final purchase decision. Take in mind that high-quality bedding is fairly pricey; nonetheless, it plays a very vital role in your life, not only during wee hours of the day but even while you’re awake.
Ultimately, a comfortable and supportive mattress encourages a relaxing sleep which in turn significantly helps in making your entire day productive and at the same time minimizes your susceptibility to various ailments.
It is important to be armed with valuable insights prior to heading off to the local mattress shops or before dealing with online stores to buy the best mattress under $500.